Pinebrook/Jeremy Ranch Roundabouts Coming this Summer
Summit County, in coordination with UDOT, will build two new roundabouts at the I-80/Jeremy Ranch-Pinebrook interchange. The county webpage for the project can be found here. This project will optimize mobility and enhance safety for residents and commuters. Multiple studies found roundabouts to be the most effective long-term solution to address growth and traffic congestion at this interchange. Improvements include:
- Two roundabouts
- Separated trails
- Improved transit connectivity
- Pedestrian accommodations
Obviously, this project will have major impacts on Pinebrook residents. Important dates and facts:
- The anticipated start date is early May, weather permitting, and the county hopes to finish all major infrastructure by October-November 2019. Final landscaping and cleanup will most likely be completed in late 2019 or 2020.
- The park-and-ride lot on Rasmussen road will be closed during construction, with the bus pickup being moved to the Ecker Hill Middle School parking lot.
- The contract allows for night-time work for low-impact type of construction, such as paving, curb and gutter, etc. Jack-hammering, blasting or other loud activities will not be permitted.
- Summit County will disseminate information via Nextdoor.com, their website, and email. You can sign up for email alerts regarding road construction here. Information regarding detours and construction schedules will be provided with as much advanced notice as possible so commuters will have time to plan their travel schedule.
Please respect that the Pinebrook HOA has no influence in this matter. Summit County has pledged to pass along timely information to the affected communities as quickly as possible. Questions and concerns should be directed to the County via their contact information above. Please do not contact your Homeowners Association with concerns/complaints. The County and UDOT own the construction project, construction timeline, and any related problems the project may cause.