REDUCE YOUR WATER USE
It’s no mystery that Utah is in extreme drought and experiencing the hottest temperatures on record. Pinebrook is fortunate to be serviced by Gorgoza Mutual Water Company, which is arguably one of the best water distribution systems in the State of Utah. While their system is exceptional, it is ultimately up to the shareholders to use their water wisely:
- Reduce your usage inside and outside your home: Water use triples between winter months and summer months, and the vast majority of that increase is simply to keep turf grass green. It’s ok if your grass browns a bit, and doing so will save a significant amount of water every month. Maintenance staff for the Ecker Hill Park and Pickleball Park (PHOA properties), have been instructed to cut water use to the point of browning this summer.
- Watering Schedule: Gorgoza is advising watering no more than three days a week: EVEN addresses Monday, Wednesday and Friday and ODD addresses Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. NO WATERING ON SUNDAY. Water only at night or early morning and never during the day. Gorgoza reserves the right to implement further mandatory restrictions as the summer progresses. Gorgoza is monitoring individual usage through their AMI system and shareholders will be notified of high usage and/or potential leaks. Fines may be issued for uncontrolled and excessive water use.
- Individual and HOA usage: If your neighbors are wasting water, talk to them about it. If you have friends located in other HOA’s in Pinebrook, please ask them to speak to their board about reducing water use in their HOA common areas. They should contact Gorgoza Water Co. directly for irrigation scheduling.
- Spring Water Sales: The purchaser has been notified that deliveries will be restricted. For those of you wondering about the quantity of spring water being delivered; the amount of water used by Gorgoza Water Company shareholders in 24 hours during the summer is approximately the same quantity of spring water delivered in two months. On an annual basis, spring water sales are only a fraction of the total production of Gorgoza’s system. However, the revenue generated is about seven times the class A shareholder rate and has funded infrastructure improvements for the past several year as well as the newly implemented AMI (Advanced Meter Infrastructure) System.
- WaterSmart: Please sign up for the WaterSmart app to monitor your water usage in real-time. It’s easy, free and has features that’ll help you detect leaks and reduce water usage which will also reduce your monthly water assessment. For more information and to sign up please follow this link: https://www.gorgozawater.com/watersmart/.
It’s going to be another long, hot summer so it is important that everyone does their part. Thank you for your cooperation!